From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Nov 1996 16:06:33 -0700
I haven't posted in a stones age but....

Marsall Farms, MF, Marsall Farms, MF,Marsall Farms, MF,Marsall Farms,
MF,Marsall Farms, MF,Marsall Farms, MF,Marsall Farms, MF,Marsall Farms,
MF,Marsall Farms, MF,Marsall Farms, MF,Marsall Farms, MF,Marsall Farms,
MF,Marsall Farms, MF,Marsall Farms, MF,Marsall Farms, MF,Marsall Farms,
MF,Marsall Farms, MF,

I can't stand it any more. This MF debate has finally gotten to me.

Because of the necessary secrecy involved in CA and the illegal status of
our pets, Californians don't have much of a choice for obtaining the pet of
our choice from the BEST source.  We have NO choice.  We must go
out-of-state and smuggle our pets in.

I saw my 1st ferret 10 yrs ago and have waited patiently for the laws to
change.  They haven't.  So i took it upon myself 2 yrs ago, to become what
some would see as a criminal, and went out of state to obtain the joy(s) of
my life.  I have risked their lives and mine 4 times and thankfully have
been sucessful.  My 4 girls have the run of my house and I even have a
friend who faithfully cares for them when I need to leave for more than a
day.  I have a pet supply store that has ordered special toys, food and
supplies for them .  The people are sympathetic.

But what I do not have is a breeder or rescue to adopt from.  Sure MF ferts
may have problems, MF ferrets may come from a 'farm' that breeds for
scientific purposes, not to mention an endless list of reasons why FMLers
should not patronize MF.  I am overjoyed that others have a choice of
breeders and shelters to choose from; it pains me I do not.  My MF girls, 1
of which has the polecat 3rd tattoo, are all happy and healthy.  MF has its
down side but please remember as long as ferrets are illegal anywhere in the
USA, MF will be patronized.  So instead of getting self-righteous, work for
legalization in CA.  That will stop MF--NOT your vociferious complaints on
the FML.

Lastly remember, that not everone's circumstance is the same...we do what we
can (despite Pete Wilson) and provide the best for our loved ones; even if
it means patronizing the MF to adopt our kids.

Just try to imagine living without their 'joie de vivre'; Then you will know
Californian's pain.