From:
Ferret Wise Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 May 2004 16:02:12 -0400
HI folks!!
  - it's  ME your cute chocolate spotted friend Jerimiah at Ferret Wise-
and we are saying today

MAKE ROOM FOR BABY!  Yep- Ziggy is starting to look like a respectable
ferret -- and just in time- we got another boy trough the door today SAT
AM - ANOTHER abandoned kid form Derry NH!  What's up with you humans
ANYWAY???  Seems too many of you's folks just toss us kids away... it's
nice out but you know we need to eat... most of us don't really know how
to hunt for our food these days-- and those big rollin' machines on the
road are likely to hurt a small ferret ya know?

Well this new guy is sweet- his name is Baby-- and though recovered as
a stray- and the owner was later located she didn't want him- he had
been allowed out a window... CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS?  SO he is in a small
quarantine unit- he has no shots was loose for a week and needs ADV
tests.  Momma sure will have her hands full this week!

Thankfully the table still had room enough on it for a cage- this place
is bustin' at the seams now!  And of course Gravy who has not come to
terms with Ziggy will go through more of his depression with the new kid
who Mom thinks is about a year old.

Meanwhile Renny aka Renoir has mad a full recovery from his radial nerve
injury sustained during the blackout in February- - he and Monet are
regularly climbing the condos and jumping form cagetop to cagetop..
guess that young kid did not learn a thing!  They need a HOME- PLEASE
someone come and get them!

We will have MUSIC at Ferretstock!  Yahoo a new DJ from LP Sound
Explosion - Paul has agreed to take over as Ferretstock DJ for the main
event on Sept 11th!  We are very excited and hope you will be able to
attend!!  Paul loves ferrets and had home full of ferrets... their last
one passed over the rainbow months ago and he and his family are looking
forward to spending time at Ferretstock with us fur kids again!  HEY!
Maybe Mom can persuade them to take a few kids home afterwards hahaha!

Things have been busy at St Gregory's house too (hospice) the hospice Dad
has spent lots of time in the hospital in ICU- he had blood clots in his
arm... now he is home resting BUT hospice Mom Judy has to have her knee
operated on.  Oh woe whatever will our ferrets do?  No humans to chase
them around!  Judy says she will be fine but I hear shelter Mom will be
running over to assist some more until her knee feels better!

Shelter Mom's boy Chip has been very ill too, he is feeling better and
is scheduled for minor surgery on Thurs- so I am sure he will appreciate
good thoughts!  Chip I hear is a funny guy he attacks & kills the vacuum
cleaner hose whenever it gets turned on.  Shelter Mom says that is an
expensive hobby!

I AM LOOKING FORWARD to Ice Cram Social NEXT WEEK May 15 1-3 PM!  I am
hoping that you all will sneak me in some sweet treats when you visit
us!!  After all what is a good ferret to do when desserts are calling?
I can't think of a better way for me to help out here at the shelter
than to check everything and make sure it is just perfect-- brownies you
say?  Hot fudge and bananas?  Oh boy- lick my whiskers

Shelter Dad has done some more fine tuning on the Green Goddess Van- she
has new tires, a new radiator some replaced inside trim.  had carpets
cleaned ... and soon will be ready to roll in fine fashion.  Thanks to
all who are helping get the shelter wheels rolling!

I tell you folks it is BUSY Busy here!     Yessirree!

Mom has lots of goodies on ebay to help pay for litter, food, baby food,
nutrical and lots of other things the shelter requires ( especially gas for
the Green Goddess!) so if you are inclined- please check the auctions out
at: http://search.ebay.com/ferret-wise
and don't forget our special Ferret Tees-  they are a one time issue and
are available no where else!  Great HIGH QUALITY tees On closeout special
following sizes L,Xl,2x & 3x are available now!
they can be seen at:
http://ferretlover97.terrabox.com/shelterhelp-FerretWise.html

Frolic newsletter- Mom wanted me to be sure and tell all our kind folks
the newsletter is a tad late this issue- since Mom Judy was soo busy
with going back & forth to the hospital with hospice Dad - it has gotten
behind- but Mom is sending this issue off to the printer and everyone
should have the 2 nd quarter issue before June 1st!

Phew!  what a big message!

From a ferret boys perspective- I can't wait til the warm weather gets
here for real - I miss the smell of the lilacs and flowers outside, I
hope things slow down enough so shelter Mom can take me outside..

Hugs to all form Jerimiah , mascot at www.ferretwise.org
and all my shelter mates here!