From:
Danielle Frye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Apr 2001 11:40:38 -0700
LD, please hang in there!  I understand the pain you are going through and
there are many on this list who have experienced that.  Hugs to you, at
this time.  I am sorry that you read the FML the past two days because I
am sure it did not help your situation.

Ferretguy - do you now see the hurt your post has caused?  I am not flaming
you and even wrote to the judge to try and help your shelter.  I have
appreciated what you do for ferrets many times and still do.  However, your
posts on euthanasia are really disturbing to many.  I have total compassion
for you in what you are going through with your health problems, and admire
your attitude towards life, but all your posts have achieved is more grief
for people.  Thank you for your apology to me, but the reason you gave for
posting, something along the lines of "wanted to stop and make people
think", does not bide well with me.  I DID think about everything...I
thought and thought and thought, my decision to put my Spanky under was not
an easy one.  It was not a "oh, I think I will just get rid of him now, do
it doc" decision.  We agonized over it.  I once did what you suggested and
allowed my first ferret to totally suffer for two days longer.  That is my
biggest regret because he did not die with dignity, he died in a pool of
blood.  This caused trauma to one of my other ferrets because she was
curled up with him at the time.  Was this fair to her?  Do you think this
is the way she wants to remember him (her last vision of him)?  Probably
not.  My grandma is in the hospital fighting for life and has been for a
month.  I am second power of attorney on her will.  She is depressed and
knows that if she gets out, her life will not be the same.  I tell you this
so that you can get an idea of where I am coming from.  I am watching my
grandma, waste away, in pain every single day.  It has been extremely
difficult for all.  If the time comes, my mom and I will be faced with the
decisions.  So now, you have even more background as to why I took serious
offense at your posts (and continue to do so).  It would be best if you
ended the topic at this point and not posted your somewhat nasty rebuttals.

On another issue...
Bush.  PLEASE!  Those who support him, PLEASE look at what he is attempting
to do to environmental policy.  I just cannot believe what he is trying
to do.  Bush is for big business, and that is it.  He could not care less
about pollution as long as the lobbyists are happy.  I am so pissed off
right now about all of that.  It is really too bad that we no longer have
a President who cares about environmental issues, foreign affairs and
etiquette or womens rights.  I am ending my rant here, because this list
is probably not a good place for political conversations.

I am going to be away for about a week, so anyone who emails me privately,
don't be upset if you don't hear back for a week.

Please try to be kind to one another.  I am really trying to be as tactful
and considerate as possible in my posts, without flaming, but lately, some
posts have really upset me.

Take care all~