From:
Kathy Maxwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 20:55:32 -0600
Hi Everyone
I have recently made a useful discovery regarding ferrets and food variety.
As we all know it is important to give your ferrets a variety of foods when
they are young so they don't imprint on certain foods and are more willing
to at least try new ones.  Well there is a drawback to this...you come to
quickly realize your supper no longer belongs to you, it is the property
of the ferrets(and dogs) and they make this clear in no uncertain terms
whether the food is good for them or not.  Case in point- enter the pizza.
I had six ferrets tonight standing at my feet demanding I share with them a
food they have never tried.  I give in to their demands when they gave me
"the look" (give it to us or we'll poop all over the house).  Everyone got
a tiny piece of ham, but was this enough?  WRONG!  Ferrets continued to
haunt me till supper was over.  This fact also comes into play when sitting
on the couch trying to enjoy the sherbert I refused to share.  Holding the
bowl out at arms length is not a deterrent.  At one point I lifted said
bowl to find a ferret desperately clinging to the side and refusing to let
go threatining to pierce my nose free of charge if I didn't give him some.
No wonder I seem to be left with a hungry feeling after I've eaten.
( :>)

Kathy and the Ferret Collective