From:
Ms Noeli Santisteban <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Aug 2005 12:30:03 -0700
Hello Everyone!

I have posted in March asking for advise on IBD and so far the best
treatment was prednisone.  I have tried pumpkin, no chicken food, etc...

Only a higher dose of prednisone worked for my ferret.  One day I've
tried to reduce the dose and the terrible diarrhea came back, so
definetely he will be on this med until the end of his life.  Thanks
again to all!

I also want to let you know that I've found a little piece of PLASTIC BAG
on Bandit's poop!  We all know they love playing with grocery bags, but
we can't trust these little devils at all!  On top of that some days
later he ate the handle of a paper bag and we had to rush for surgery
because it got stuck in his stomach.  I have had several fuzzies and I've
never seen one chewing on paper or plastic.  Everyone I know let the
fuzzies play war with plastic and paper bags.

Well, in my home they play now only when I can supervise.  Oh God!  One
more task for this fuzzy "slave"!  They "demand" things every day!
(raisins, duck soup with more baby food, baby food with turkey flavor
only, it's too cold, it's too hot, "protest poos" on my kitchen, waking
up ready to play war at 4:00am, etc...) I guess you all know VERY WELL
what I meant...

Have a great weekend everyone!

Noeli