From:
trina fleissner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Mar 2011 20:25:01 -0700
I wanted to address a concept behind the post by KBrakefield regarding
her stolen ferrets. Unfortunately, this situation has been going on for
the last six months. Definitely, an unfortunate situation.

The concept is simply this. What would you do if If you found
yourself in a situation where you and your partner/spouse/roommate's
relationship is changing - in particular, becoming one where
differences exceed similarities, and joy and laughter is replaced with
anger and arguments. Consider the harm that may come to you or your
pets.

When people are upset and want to get even they often toy with
emotions. Often times a primary emotion is the love for a child,
another person or a pet. Revenge or violence against any of these
valued members of your family can be devastating. People have suffered
the death of their pet because of broken relationships. The motivation
behind stealing pets and selling them is money and an emotional avenue
to hurt their owner and perpetuate the hurt through the unknown future
and location of the pets.

All I am suggesting is that any pet owner consider the possibility
of your life changing. If this situation happened to you, what
considerations would you make for your pets? Do you have another place
to take them? Would you leave them where someone is able access them,
steal them or sell them because they need cash or want to hurt you? How
would you handle such a situation? Would you go to law enforcement? Are
you willing to file a report and press charges? What agencies are in
your area to help with missing/stolen//injured pets?

People are not always who they seem. Situations are not always as
they appear. Certain factors in our lives dictate our behavior - what
changes in your situation would dictate a change in your behavior? Or
your partner's behavior? Do you have a back-up plan? Pretend for one
moment you are in this situation and think about what you would do.
You can't move on to plan B if you don't have a plan A.

Feed rescued animals in two clicks
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3