Date:
Wed, 9 Nov 2011 17:47:09 -0600
We received an email today from Jerseyville, Il. Apparently, the
adopter pulled this little girl from her group of five, adopted her
to a friend, and then gave her the medical information. It states that
the ferret needs lupron monthly. The couple wasn`t prepared for this
$40 monthly expense--and at first seemed ready to let the ferret go,
because of this.

At this point, they have decided they want to keep the little girl,
but need help with expenses. Is there a good, reasonable vet near
Jerseyville, who charges less? (Ours does, but we`re five hours away!)

I`m a bit alarmed that their vet is now talking about surgery, and
presenting it as a cure. He states that they would never ever have to
pop for lupron again, if they did it. I`m wondering how experienced he
is with adrenal surgeries.

Is there a shelter somewhere around there who could point these people
in the right direction (& maybe educate them a bit?)

Their phone # (posted with permission) is (618) 946-9186.

Thanks much.

Love, Zoo