From:
Carol Dworkowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 May 2002 06:37:48 EDT
>I have nothing against alternative methods of treatment as long as they
>are used carefully, with the participation of a licensed vet, and with
>substances that have proven effectiveness (and with quality control).
>Unless that can be shown, I consider the case for colloidal silver to be
>closed.
>
>Bob C

As scientists have recognized for some years now, *the experimenter is
part of the experiment*.  It quite possible that an ailing ferret may
pick up on the positive, hopeful attitude of the person administering the
*cure* and perks up.  An empirical improvement in physical condition could
be the result of the mind/body connection rather than the efficacy of the
drug or nutritional.  In the case of terminal illnesses, time should
separate effective treatments from the placebos.

Carol

The best things in life are not *things*.