From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 26 Apr 1994 09:09:26 -0400
> We have one of those sofas that sit flush on the floor so I
> thought I was exempt from that problem... Well after taking notice of
> some carpet fuzz near the edge of my couch, and feeling a lump in the pit
> of my stomache I pulled the sofa away from the wall only to confirm my
> fears. What I found was a five inch in diameter hole dug straight thru
> the carpet and padding exposing the floorboards of our rented apartment.
  :
  :
> I just get sick every
> time I see that carpet crater.
>
> Beth Beiter, Weasie, Sneezy, and The Carpet Excavator, Cody.

Beth --

My wascally fewwet used to lock herself into the bedroom of a nice condo I
once rented.  She dug & dug, and made a nice, large, and *extremely
obvious* crater in the carpet.  I managed to solve the problem by going out
to Home Despot and getting a couple square feet of as similar carpet as I
could get (along with some carpet pad, and carpet glue and a *really* sharp
knife). I then patched the crater with some carpet from the floor of the
CLOSET (any less-traveled section of the room will do), and I used the
carpet bought from Home Depot to patch the closet.  That way, the carpet
really matched.  Most carpet fibers have a direction ("nap") to them, so
just be sure that the direction of the patch matches the carpet around it.

Note:  Do it soon, so the patch has a chance to wear a little, and closely
resemble the carpet around it.  Buy the carpet at whatever big place sells
it cheap.  After all, that's probably where your landlord got it.  Oh, and
while you're there, pick up some of that vinyl carpet runner/protector.
You know, the stuff that's clear, about 1-1/2 feet wide, and has little
nubs on the bottom so it won't slide around.  They say it's to protect
carpet from muddy shoes, but that's just so they can sell it in Ferret-Free
Zones. :)  It's really to protect your carpet from your ferrets.

Good luck!
<Anon>