From:
Manfred Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Sep 1996 08:37:00 -0400
Hi everyone,

Visited the Toronto Zoo yesterday ( SAT ) and sat for quite a while in the
Americas Outdoor display in the hopes of seeing a Blackfooted Ferret.  No
luck, the little guys were hiding the whole time we were there.  However, I
was happy to find that the Toronto Zoo is officially involved in the attempt
to breed these guys and hopefully re-introduce them into the wold both in
the U.S.A. and Canada.

If any FML members are visiting the Toronto area, I would suggest this Zoo
as a great place to spend a day.

Finally, I have a few thoughts on several posts that I have read over the
past few days.

RE: Kelleen Andrews...if running her shelter is causing her so much pain now
due to her hands hurting, maybe it is time she passed the torch over to
someone else more ccapable..

RE: Dayna Frazier and our choice of food...Not all of us have as much or
easy access to specially blended ferret foods as you do..But don't make the
mistake of thinking that *you* care more about your ferts then others do.

RE: Attacks on Bill Killian by Ferret Rescue of Tidewater..  I do not know
either of these people appart from their posts to this list but I feel that
it is inappropriate for one member to post anything detrimental to anyone
else on the list without being asked to back up their allegations on the
list.  Otherwise we will just end up calling each other nasty names in
public and the quality if this list will drop to zero.

BIG...Think you are doing a great job. Keep up the great work.