From:
Lynn Wistar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Nov 1997 16:15:00 -0500
I have two ferrets, Tacoma is slightly over one year old, and Parker is 7
months old.  Parker bites everybody but myself and my 6-old daughter.  I
would like some suggestions on how to train him out of this selective
biting.  This is not nipping behavior but all-out biting which has been
known to draw blood.  It does not seem to be defensive behavior either as he
will approach a person on his own, and then bite them on the hand or arm, or
foot if they are barefoot.  We've tried bitter apple with some success but I
am reluctant to spray everyone who enters my house with Bitter Apple!
Thanks for any suggestions.