From:
Kristina Brink <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Oct 2008 06:26:30 -0700
I have been volunteering for Fox Valley Ferret in Northeast Wisconsin
for over a year. They are a 501(c)3 shelter that operates with the
help of the shelter Mom, board members, and its volunteers. They have
been having been having a tough time this last year outside of the
typical shelter issues. The problem has been that the Shelter Mom,
Nanette Thurber, was diagnosed with a Autoimmune Disorder called
Wegner's Granulomatosis/Microscopic Poly Angiitis last November after
an emergency hospitalization where she remained in intensive care for
an extended time. After being released and diagnosed she can no longer
work full time. With medical and living expenses mounting, her friends
have organized a benefit on her behalf. The benefit is going on on
Halloween here for her to help with these expenses.

I don't want to impose here by putting my hand out for her. The
volunteers, board members and friends of the shelter have been working
hand in hand with Nanette to keep the Fox Valley Ferret going this last
year and we all care very deeply for her. Without Nanette, Fox Valley
Ferret would not exsist as it does today.

The benefit for Nanette is on October 31st at the Appleton Yacht Club.
If you have any donations for raffle prizes or auction items for the
benefit please contact Julie Kons at (920) 450-4315. If you cannot
attend and would like to donate to Nanette through the benefit an
account has been set up in the name: "Benefit for Nanette Thurber" at
Capital Credit Union call Connie Raether at (920) 832-8990. Otherwise
if you would like to donate to Fox Valley Ferret directly their
shipping address is: Fox Valley Ferret Attn:Nanette N3633 Hwy 76
Hortonville, WI 54944

They always need shelter goods and are at a want for old used flat
sheets right now. This is their wish list-
http://www.foxvalleyferret.com/wish_list.html

Please feel free to contact me with any questions. Thanks guys! Here
is the website-http://www.foxvalleyferret.com/

Kristy
Clyde, Garrison, & Artemus Missing Tweek