From:
Bonnie Russell-personal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Sep 2011 20:40:11 -0400
Hello FML'ers!

I would like to introduce a new ferret group named Washington Metro
Area Ferret Outreach or WMAFO for short.

We do not have a central shelter, but are a home-based rescue and
placement service for ferrets. Our board members are Lisa Oestereich,
Bonnie Russell and Stephanie Richmond.

We are a 501(c)3 charity and all donations are tax deductible.

The goals of WMAFO are simple: prevent ferrets from being unnecessarily
euthanized in county animal shelters and provide support and education
to keep ferrets in their current homes. The organization has two
branches related to those goals, one that takes in ferrets from county
shelters and private individuals and places them in new, forever homes,
and an educational branch, that does ferret education seminars at
local county animal shelters and at the University of Maryland Animal
Sciences Department. We also hold outreach events at pet stores, local
animal expos and other venues and provide guidance and support for
ferret owners. The organization also provides a support network for
DC area ferret owners including pet-sitting, information sharing and
advice, a newsletter, social events and a sense of community.

So far we have taken in a number of ferrets, some being adopted, some
being fostered and some still residing with board members waiting for
their forever homes!

Please consider volunteering or adopting by visiting our website at
http://www.wmafo.org
or joining us on facebook at
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Washington-Metro-Area-Ferret-Outreach/155395641184667>

We are on twitter too! Twitter is www.twitter.com/wmafo

Thank you and we look forward to working closely with the ferret
community! We will be attending the Fandango Ferret show in
Gilbertsville, PA this weekend so please stop by!

P.S. some great shopping opportunities on our website including Lisa O
bedding, and volunteer made authentic unique ferret scarves! They make
terrific Holiday gifts. Please shop here http://www.wmafo.org/shop
(100% of all the proceeds go directly to WMAFO to help pay our vet
bills. By purchasing bedding from us, you help us keep all the shelter
ferrets healthy.)

Sincerely,
Bonnie Russell
www.wmafo.org