From:
trina fleissner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Dec 2011 21:13:54 -0800
If I could be a spirit floating amidst the Hammitt home located in a
small hamlet in the north country of N.Y., I know I would be moved by
the happiness brought to them today. Ian's Dad has traveled from down
south to NY to spend the week and their baby Dot has returned home in
great shape to be with her family.

I saw Dot again today looking bright eyed and bushy .....okay, maybe
not bushy tailed but I am hopeful that by spring her coat will be
beautiful now that she is carrying both the Melatonin (implanted in
Oct.) and Deslorelin implants. Her head popped out of her sleepy
sack when she heard her Mom's voice and Amber's face lit up with
appreciation and happiness to see her doing so well. We all know that
feeling of relief and thankfulness to know our babies are doing well
again. Dot has been taking her Pred well and has maintained a hearty
appetite.

Amber and the vet staff are still amazed at the kindness of this
wonderful ferret community, what was accomplished and how fast it all
happened. It was Divine intervention. Thank you for the prayers. The
amount donated could not have worked out more perfectly. Doc's bill
was a far cry from the first quote. Thank goodness for the Des implant.
The entire bill was just under $450. We did not send out a sample to
pathology. Today was Doc's day off so I was not able to get the info
on tumor type. I will and share that.

Doc was his talented, caring self as were his staff. Dot's head looks
beautiful with her light blue stitiches. Her ear did not have to be
shifted with the stitching. I did have to chuckle at the juxtaposition
here. We have a naked ferret except for the little bit of fur on her
shoulders and head ......and half her head is shaved for the surgical
procedure. It is, what it is. I sent Amber and Dot off with their
traveling companion Melissa and a basket with soup and several
ingredients to help keep Dot and her brothers healthy. It is always
encouraging to have a family who is "compliant" with directions and
information provided to help them be a dedicated ferrant.

With highest regard for the ferret community.........and heart felt
thanks.

Cathy Ryan

I have passed on all e-mail or snail mail addy's as requested by Amber
that she might express her appreciation to the donors.

Feed rescued animals in two clicks
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3