From:
"Ronald L. Sims" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jan 2000 23:28:48 -0500
The one year old has one partially brown tooth.  The 4 year old has one
totally brown... They were fed Purina Cat Chow..

To all on the FML and all who love their pets, please note the following:

We had taken 29 ferrets to the vet to get their rabies vacination.  Dr. Tom
Dombrowski gave each ferret a complete physical before their shots.  All of
the ferrets received the same vacine batch.  Each ferret was noted to be in
excellent health.

We had just about run out of Totally Ferret ferret food, and purchased from
the pet store some food marked "Lab Diet Food for Ferrets" manufactured by
Purina Mills, Inc.  (PMI).

Not having any experience with this particular brand, we slowly introduced
the product to 7 ferrets (6 females/1 male) to see if they liked the food.

The food killed the 6 females in 5 days, the male went from 5 lbs down to
1.5 lbs.  and died five days later.  We did autopsies at the Veterinary
Clinic (Dr. Tom's).  Each ferret had hemoraghed (Sp?) in every organ of
their bodies and had loss 100% of their body-fat.  We called the 800
number printed on the bag and got a recording, and we left a message.  The
following day, a gentleman from one of the facilities of Purina Mills, Inc.
stated that it was Purina Pet Foods but packaged in Indiana.  That was the
last that we heard from them.  We did receive 40 emails from other pet
owners that their pets had also died after ingesting Purina Mills, Inc.
Pet Foods, which included ferrets and dogs.

Therefore, I beg all those who love their pets, boycott all Purina Foods
and use Totally Ferret Ferret Food from Performance Foods in Colorado and
if you desire, add in IAMS Kitten Food to the Totally Ferret.  The IAMS
Kitten Food has some enzymes that are necessary for kittens as well as
needed by ferrets.  Im sorry that I don't know the name of the enzymes, but
I was advised by my daughter, who got us started on ferrets and we still
have 10 of the loving fuzzies.

Sincerely
Rev. Ronald L. Sims, D.D.