Date:
Thu, 1 Aug 2013 08:29:34 -0700
Last week we had 660 cc of fluid drawn off from Piccolo. He went from
3 and 1/4 lbs to 2 lbs.

We were (and are) worried about it rapidly coming back. We feared it
would come back within 2 weeks. The last time it took from 4 to 6 weeks
for it to come back and go beyond what it was before. He was not on
pred at that time.

We started him on pred but because he is so very very very picky on
food he fights us when we try to give him anything. Our standard pureed
chicken didn't impress him at all. We had suggestions from a few on
this mailing list. We ended up using Turkey baby food (Beech Nut brand
because it doesn't list any corn or corn starch like Gerber does). We
mix about 10ishmls of the baby food with about 20ishmls of water and
warm it. We had to scruff Piccolo to feed him about 15 mls of this food
with a syringe. Now he is starting to lick it off a spoon, I've been
able to get him to take 1/2 to 2/3 of the 15 mls then I syringe the
rest. I'm going to try and warm it a little more and see if he will
finish the food without the syringe or maybe he will do that on his
own.

One week after removing the 660 cc of fluid his belly size is about
3/4 inch bigger around and his weight is pretty much the same (maybe
half an ounce more). Hopefully the pred will continue to work.

Just wanted to give everyone an update

Mike