Date:
Tue, 2 Apr 1996 02:20:00 -0500
Furo friends --
My friend has a female ferret whom she tried to breed several times.  Her
ferret had two litters, none of which were viable, so my friend had her
fixed.  Anyway, the second time, my friend found her ferret eating her
babies.  That wasn't so bad -- they were, after all, dead.  What _was_ bad
was that the mother (?) had put part of one of the babies she'd half-eaten
in her food dish, for later!  :( She did put the bodies of the others in a
corner of the nesting-box -- but quite clearly she did want to save that one
for a snackie later on.

Has anyone ever seen anything like this in other ferrets?  (Please reply
to my email address -- I haven't been able to follow fml for awhile, so
that's the only way I'll get it.)  Thanks, Yael Dragwyla