From:
"Caitlyn M. Martin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 17:04:43 -0400
Hi, everyone,

Y'all may remember me posting about Pertwee, my crazy, deaf, lovable, two
year old red-eyed white who went through two adrenal surgeries, one in
April, and one in June.

Dr. Dan Hudson performed surgery yet again on Pertwee today, who has not
recovered.  He removed Pertwee's left kidney after finding a large, hard
mass there.  He decided that Pertwee still has a chance, albeit a very slim
one, and decided to go ahead and do the surgery to give him that chance.
He will be under observation at the Animal Emergency Clinic of Cary
tonight, and back at Northwoods Animal Hospital all day tomorrow.

Dr. Hudson wants to see what the pathology report has to say before we
decide if it's worth it to try and help him recover, or if we have to put
him to sleep.  Obviously, if it's another malignant carcinoma (which is
what we expect) and if there is any sign of further metastasis, we'll let
the little guy go.  Meanwhile, we hope and pray that isn't the case.

Oh, and for those of you wondering how much to save for your fuzzies...
even with Dr. Hudson discounting about everything and often not charging us
for visits and services, Pertwee's medical bills will eclipse $4,000 this
week.  Is it worth it?  If he recovers, yes.  If not, well... I love him
too much not to give him every possible chance.

All the best,
Caity, Keith, and the worried seven, plus Pertwee

--
Caitlyn Maire Martin
http://www.caitys-world.com