From:
Jim King and Sue Hall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Jul 1997 21:58:28 -0400
Just this side of Heaven is a place called the Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet
goes to the Rainbow Bridge.  There are meadows and hills for all of our
special friends so they can run and play together.  There is plenty of food,
water, and sunshine and our friends are warm and comfortable.  All the
animals who had been ill are restored to health and vigor; those who were
hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remembered them
in our dreams and times gone by.  The animals are happy and content, except
for one small thing; they each miss someone very special, someone who was
left behind.  They all run and play together, but the day comes when one
suddenly stops and looks into the distance.  The animal's bright eyes are
intent; the eager body begains to quiver.  Suddenly, the animal breaks from
the group, flying over thr green grass, faster and faster.  You have been
spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling
together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again.  The happy kisses rain
upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once
more into those trusting eyes, so long gone from your life, but never absent
from your heart.  Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together...

Author Unknown

To Nikki, Henry, and Lucy

Thanks for the memories