From:
Veronica Jennings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Nov 2002 19:30:00 -0800
I had brought my albino of unkown age/history to have her tested for
adrenal.  As I understand it should have been a test called the Tennessee
Panel.  What I have is a cortisol test.  My vet is not a ferret expert,
but does know something about them.  He has some ferret clients, just
unsure of how many...and not enough to be really good.  He is a very good
vet in many respects, though, and is willing to hear good advice from
those who know what they're talking about...with ferrets...I do not know
much.

I don't understand the readings of the test and the vet has been out on
farm calls or in surgery when I have tried to find out.  She was tested
as a male canine (not sure if this makes a big difference).  The abnormal
result came back as reading <0.2 L ug/dl.

The vet did leave a message that it was not adrenal by what the cortisol
test had revealed, but something else was going on.  I am supposed to
bring her in for the day and he would feed her and take the test again
about an hour after feeding.  Does this makes sense to anyone?

Thank you in advance.

Veronica

 ,,
Paris-Henry County Humane Society of West Tenn.
http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/TN171.html