Date:
Wed, 16 Feb 2005 10:41:58 -0800
hello everyone I am new to the list and first time posting, I have read
so many postings on petco and petsmart, so i felt i had to post to get
this off my chest,

i have shopped at petco for years in different states i have lived in, i
am a vet tech so i go there for supplies and such, the thing that i am
amazed at after reading the posts, is this i do not see anyone talking of
the other animals that are being sold there the cavys, the parrots, the
rabbits which all have very known rescues and shelters, i realize that we
are on the ferret list and you are dedicated to the care of ferrets, but
i think it is talking it a bit far to have petco not sell any kits, all
animals dogs,cats all are at a risk when being bought to have to maybe
be rehomed, i am sure we arent going to shut down all the breeders and
pet shops across amercia, i think it has to be based on the person buying
and the shop giving reliable info and instruction on selling and taking
care of the ferrets which i feel petco will i have worked with several
different stores in the past being a vet tech and see wonderful handling
and taking care of the animals and also all the adoptions they do for
cats and dogs and rabbits, i think we should give them a chance before we
pass judgement, ferrets are not the only ones with overcrowded shelters
and needing help maybe we should take a stand for every animal in the
store afterall they all deserve the same consderation.

thank you for hearing my post,

Julia