From:
Rita Brannan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Nov 2003 02:14:22 EST
Because I requested help from fellow FML'rs I thought all would
appreciate an update.  After not being able to figure out Rose's problem
the vet and I decided it was best to do an exploratory surgery.  She
wasnt herself and previously been very much an alpha ferret--bites and
all.  After two rounds of amoxicillin and no improvement I was at wits
end.  During her surgery she had tumors removed from her adrenal glands
(which I already knew she had but didnt think was the diarreaha source)
The vet also found an ulcer that had perforated her abdominal wall and
found her to have peritonitis too.  Needless to say she didnt come home
alive.  I had been force feeding her with a syringe (to try to get her
weight up) and feel saddened that in the process I must have given her
horrible tummy aches.  I have to find comfort knowing her belly isnt
hurting anymore and she is reunited with her brothers and sisters whom
I feel she was really missing.

I am extremely grateful for the assistance, advice, and comfort given to
me by those on this list (you know who you are!)

Rita