From:
Ronnie DiComo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 13:48:24 EDT
Dawn wrote--
>The shelter thought the guy who had them before us teased them through
>their cage bars.... I would appreciate advice on dealing with the biting

I took in a rescue recently who had been abused and was a SERIOUS biter.
I've had very good luck letting Lunessa lick baby food off my hands.  She's
been living with me a month now, and although there were ups and downs, she
is much much better.  Today when I found her in one of her sleeping spots,
she licked my hand when I petted her.

It really takes time, a willingness to be bitten somewhat (I don't put her
down when she bites, because then she would think if she bites she can get
down), and loving patience.

good luck, pls keep us posted
Ronnie
(Massachusetts)