Date:
Fri, 29 Aug 2003 02:04:44 EDT
My son bought his ferret, Daxter, with his birthday money a year and a
half ago when he turned fifteen.  He is a homebound student with chronic
migraine, and Daxter has been a great comfort, spirit-booster and
amusement for him.  However, like Tracy Brown says, there are many times
I as mom have to nag and take up the slack.  So, in a real respect,
Daxter is my ferret, too.  But then, it's no different with our other
pets-two cats and two dogs.  Our son has to be reminded now and then to
pet, walk and water them.  My two older children were "nagged" the same
way when they lived at home, but now that they are married and have pets
of their own, they have taken on the role as the "pet conscience" of
their households.  It happens when they get on their own.

So far, Daxter has been the best pet my teen has ever had.  He and his
buddies carry Daxter around and hold him a lot while they hang out here,
playing their computer and video games or whatever.  What does help
greatly, is for parents to be more than willing to take up the slack.

,',',=
 ....... \(_ \(_I love my  ferret!

http://community.webtv.net/dsliger/DonnasDomain Happy moments, praise
God.  Difficult moments, seek God.  Quiet moments, worship God.  Painful
moments, trust

God.  Every moment, thank God.