From:
"Regina J. Hart" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 12:07:17 -0400
Hello

I'm sure you'll be overwhelmed with responses to your question regarding
the quality of Harlan Teklad Ferret Diet.  A quick look at the web site
revealed that this food is primarily ground corn and corn gluten meal.  Not
good!  Ferrets require a diet that consists primarily of poultry or other
meat products.  They get little or no nutritional value from corn products.
Furthermore, the diet's fat content (15%) was pretty darn low.  I look for
foods with at least 18% fat.  In sum, I would strongly suggest that you
avoid Harlan Teklad Ferret Diet.  Some of the better quality foods out
there include Totally Ferret, Eight in One Ultimate (not Ultra), Eukanuba
Kitten, and Iams Kitten.

Happy Ferreting!
Gina Hart/Sage Ferrets
visit the Sage Ferrets web site at