From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Feb 1996 16:01:15 -0700
This isn't a nice story.  There's your warning.

I don't know if there are PJ's Pet stores all over Canada and the US but if
you have them in your area, please don't support them.  Here's why.

Awhile ago, MSO and I went to the pet store to check out fuzzies and found
about six of them in a black three-level-split wire cage with no blankies or
anything.  Just one toy, a litter box and food/water.  Their staff didn't
have a clue about what they were talking about and we were incredibly
annoyed.

A week later, I went back to see if they still had them (planning to rescue
them) and they were all gone.  Instead there were four cats in the cage.  I
went over to a staff member, who was talking to the store vet, and asked her
what had happened to all the ferrets.  She said that they were all sold, but
after she left the vet pulled me aside and told me the truth.  He said:

" Actually, they needed the room for the cats.  Since cats sell faster, they
took the ferrets to the SPCA.  I was told though, that the SPCA didn't even
put them out.  " (as in automatically destroyed) (He chuckles here)

Once I regained my breath, and lost the urge to beat his brains out, I
calmly left.

It doesn't end here.  I check there every now and then to see what other
animals they have and stumbled across another batch of baby ferts.  I don't
have the money to buy all five of the darlings, nor do I have the heart to
watch the store repeat what they did the first time.  I don't know what to
do about this other than to pass the word and pray someone who hears this
story will have the means to end their cruelty.

Thank you for reading this.