From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 2004 21:06:57 -0500
Jackie writes
>I'm not sure if Arnold himself has ferrets but I know he has worked
>with them and likes them so he'll probably sign the bill

OK I'm about a week behind having been on vacation, but I wanted to
respond to this.  The Governor's likes or dislikes will probably have
relatively little to do with his signing a bill to legalize ferrets.  Far
more important to him will be the political ramifications.  If he thinks
he will get better mileage from the misguided environmental lobby, he
will veto it.  But if the ferret people can convince him this is an issue
that is very important to them, and may influence their voting pattern in
the future, he just might be more inclined to sign.

Please, if you live in California, do write to the Governor's office.
And if you don't, contact your friends and relatives who live there and
urge them to write!

Unlike the previous governor, Arnold probably does not have a bias
against ferrets.  But he will respond to the loudest voice.  Let it be
ours!!

Linda Iroff