From:
Joanie Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Oct 1996 10:46:36 -0700
To Serra I might suggest that she check for things her ferrets could be
getting into that could be causing an allergic type reaction.  Are they
playing in areas where there might be dust or mold, and, very importantly,
are you using scented fabric conditioners or detergents when washing their
bedding?  I think the perfume in these things can cause respiratory
irritations and reactions to people and animals alike.  Also, when I am
washing my ferrets' blankets, I always use just enough detergent to create a
little lather - not the full amount suggested by the manufacturer, to make
sure that it all gets rinsed out.  And I don't use any fabric softener
sheets in the dryer, just in case these might leave some chemical residue on
their blankets.

Joanie Williams