From:
Kevin Farlee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Mar 2011 07:58:21 -0700
The Washington Ferret Rescue & Shelter in Kirkland, Washington is
moving at the end of April.

The landlord sold the building out from under us, so we've been
scrambling to find space for our ferrets, and all the rest that goes
with the shelter.

We've found a space which will fit our budget, and which the city will
allow us in to zoning-wise.

Our biggest challenge is scraping up the money for the move.

The space is currently all carpeted, which won't work, obviously.

The county health department will inspect, and they demand a nonporous
floor that can be thoroughly disinfected. (besides, after awhile in a
shelter, I can't imagine having carpets...)

We desperately need to find a licensed flooring contractor who is
willing to give a nonprofit shelter a break.

So far the lowest bid we've gotten is $4000.00. I don't know about you,
but we don't have that kind of money sitting around.

Any ideas on that, or on raising money fast are appreciated. This all
happened very quickly, so we haven't been able to plan a raffle.

With $4000 in flooring to cover as well as $3500 in deposit/first month
rent, that's a lot of money to come up with unexpectedly.

Eventually we'll also need to replace some of the things we've been
sharing with the clinic we were in: Washer/dryer, and lot of smaller
stuff.

For the time being, though we need to get the ferrets in to a new home
which means getting in to the place and taking care of flooring.

I've put a ChipIn button on our web page at
http://www.washingtonferret.org/ for special donations.

We're planning a big cage sale in a few weeks which should help. We'll
advertise on Craigslist and other local media.

Any other thoughts?

We have to be OUT of the space before April 30, so the clock is
ticking...

Thanks,

Kevin Farlee
President,