From:
Camilla Englund <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Sep 1999 10:01:04 PDT
I wanted to comment on the question about vomiting that Debbie raised.

When I got my first ferret in the beginning of 1998, the only information
I had read on vomiting was that a ferret never vomits unless something is
seriously wrong.  Imagine my panic when Ozzy one day started vomiting!

I watched him very carefully (this was very late at night, otherwise I'd
have called the vet) and after he had emptied his stomach and drank a bit,
he was up and playing again.  I asked the vet later, and together we came
to the conclusion that he had probably eaten too fast and played too
intense immediately afterwards.  I have seen him do this after that first
time, he loves his food and he plays so very hard and intense, but it
doesn't happen often at all.  The other two has also done this a couple of
times, but I have always been able to relate it to something (hairballs,
having eaten something wrong, etc).  Now I say that once is nothing to
worry about - if you can relate it to something.  Twice in a day is
something to worry about for me, three times in a day and I would go to
the vet.

Maybe it's a bit different depending on each persons experiences, still,
vomiting several times a day can't be normal.

Millan
Ozzy, Obelix, Phoebe