From:
Cheryl Cato <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Dec 1994 09:37:46 -0600
To Dave re: Ideas for a Cage Setup?

Hi Dave -

I have a cage like the one you're describing.  Typically called a
"queen pen" in the cat world.  I paid about $140 for mine.  Many
of the pet supply catalogs carry those.  Mine came with 2 carpeted
shelf pieces with hooks on the ends to attach them to the cage.
I have put those together to make one half level with a ramp from
the bottom up to here.  Then I built another floor out of plywood
and covered it with linoleum.  This is nearly a solid floor - except
for a hole in one end so they can climb up to it.  Above that is
another half floor which I added latter.  Then their hammock is
hanging near that floor - opposite side of the cage.  I put their
litter box on the bottom under the first half floor - and hang a
water bottle and food bowls from the other side.  I keep 3 kids
in this cage.

This cage was the best move I ever made.  The rollers allow it to
be easily moved (for vacuuming and such), and being collapsable makes
it easy for me to take with me when we travel.  Since I have it
sort of divided like I do with that one nearly solid floor in the
middle - the two doors make it easy for me to get to the kids.

I do like your idea about the hose in there, though!

Hope this helps....