From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 May 2000 11:50:08 -0500
My group would probably hurt the hedgies if I left them out together.  I've
tried repeatedly to introduce them.  Pumkin tries to get his nose under
them to tip them over (hmmmm.... hedgie tipping?), Sharp-Toothe scratches
at the quills.  sigh.  I'm sure that they think the pain is worth it though
cause they keep doing this.  Spunky (hedgie) isn't very quick to ball up
around the ferrets so I have to really watch them with him.  I bought the
big clear balls for the hedgies to run around the house in - they just sit
where I put them and the ferrets do the pushing.  My boys (hedgies) prefer
to be left alone in their cage (it's huge and 2 full levels) with tubes and
wheels and boxes.  I think they are cute but certainly not very cuddly!
I've talked to others whose hedgies are very social and enjoy humans.  My
boys were rescues from an exotic animal auction so they weren't socialized
when they were given to me.  Still they seem content.

The hedgie cage sits on top of a desk.  When I clean the cage Pumkin comes
running and climbs me to get into the cage.  Of course I don't let him but
it makes the task a bit more complicated.  I don't doubt he'd harm them if
he was given the opportunity.

Warm hugs to all. tle
Troy Lynn Eckart
Ferret Family Services