From:
Natiffany <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Sep 2005 08:41:43 -0700
do you remember last year when the tsunami hit and there were reports of
animals fleeing hours beforehand?

they cant do that when in cages, when locked in houses.  they cant do
that when they are locked in by fences and threatened and killed to the
point where it doesnt matter if they get away, they are doomed anyway.

we think animals are below us because somehow, we got the golden ticket
to intelligence.  so we often decide what lives and what dies, what is
meaningful to US and what is not.  it is my hope that one day, we all
bow to animals more intelligent than us.

i hear Christians constantly saying that animals dont have souls; so what
use are they but for food?  but those Christians obviously do not read
the bible.  we are the supposed STEWARDS of the land.  that doesnt mean
OWNERS.  that doesnt mean DESTRUCTORS.

when you learn compassion and unconditional love for ALL, that includes
animals.  sometimes it takes trusting an animal or putting your life in
an animals hands to reach that.  most of the time, it is just good
parenting.  so, whoever you are that thinks human life is the end-all,
i am sorry your parents brought you up that way.  because you are most
definitely wrong.  i have never seen a malicious look from an animal,
even when i was bit in the face by dogs.  an animal has never looked at
me with disgust or pity.  animals dont kill to mount other animals on
their walls.

regardless if you choose to ignore the theory of evolution, you need to
respect and love animals unconditionally, because humans HARDLY ever love
other humans.  i have helped people to be told i didnt help "enough".  i
have loved and been told it wasnt good enough.  i would save an animals
life before a humans, purely because humans have abused ME, i have never
been abused by an animal.

im so sorry for you.  and im sorry for me.  i cant see the value of
humans, you obviously can.