From:
Bob Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Apr 1997 02:13:57 +0100
>If you have only seen 1 Cinnamon, vs. dozens (?) of Champaigns, why was
>there only one of the Cinnamon?  What was it's background?  Source?  Was  it
>bred?  How old was it?

It was OPUS XII, who I got from Kaycee's Critters about 91 or 92.  He was
bred, no results.

>And Pam said:
>>If you breed a true albino to a true albino, the litters are guaranteed  to
>>be all albinos.

I totally agree.

>If you breed a REW to anything, including an albino, you could have
>pigmented kits.

I totally agree..  and albino can carry any and all pigment data except
cinnamon, which only exist at the same genetic marker space reserved for
albino.  Therefore, if albino is present, connamon isn't.

>Paul

For a real look into color gentics, there is no ferret book, but the
combination of horse, rabbit, and cat gives a good idea.

>Hello Fml - Bob Martin Writes:
>>In an albino, all history of cinnamon is GONE.
>
>Sorry Bob - would have to disagree by virtue of my own eyes!  One of my
>ferrets, Sugar Baby aka Grumpy, is an excellent cinnamon.
>Her mother is an albino.

Then her father was NOT an albino.

Daddy brought that color with him.  You might have to look back 20
generations to prove it, but it's there.

Genetic is only statistical at best, mutations occur and wreak havoc
with reason.

Bob