From:
Monica Istvan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Jul 1996 17:00:03 -0600
dit didda dit dit...
Monica here, reporting Live from Calgary, Alberta Canada.  Well, I'm a bit
behind reading the FML, and perhaps it's a good thing I didn't get Lynne's
post before meeting Bob!

The best part was that I wasn't home when he arrived.  I had arranged for
him to make himself at home (which he really didn't - too polite) and told
him to get himself cleaned up - apparently, he'd spent a fair bit of time
the night before in close quarters with a horse and a lot of water.  Nah,
don't go there.

It's rather odd to be greeted at your own home by someone you've never met
before - I made sure to take a quick sweep of the premises - but my socks
are size 5, too small for him to wear, and it didn't look like he'd hidden
them anywhere... (ouch Bob - sorry, it was just there!)

So, Bob, or Bobo, drove all day to get here, (this guy spends more time on
his butt - it's a wonder he stays so thin!).  We had a lovely dinner, yes
Mom, I *can* cook, (I'd rather marry a chef), so what if the salad came out
of a baggie, and yakked the night away.

Gotta sniff of his ferret travelling satchel - ahhhhhh, unneutered hob.  I
made a comment that I hadn't smelled a male in a long time - and Bob
*actually* went there!  Man, oh man.  (I have two dainty little girls, and a
boarding neutered male - in case you needed clarification).

Of course the *whole* conversation that evening didn't involve puns, and I
must say, Bob actually left a few puns unsaid.  Those who have met Bob, know
what an enormous effort that must have been!  His posts are very actual of
his pun-y humour - watch out if you are sparring wits - he's a quick little
guy!

Well, after the intros to my kids, the witty and charming conversation,
(yes, he is charming - am I winning brownie points Bob?), we called Trish
from Ferrets 1st in Texas to let her know how things were going with
TJ/Whitefang.  Little TJ won his heart.  She's the most precious thing - but
I did catch him talking to the little deaf devil.  She liked him too, even
fell asleep in his lap - that's only the second time she's ever done that!
Gave him the two word sign language lesson, and I know she'll be spending a
whole lot of time with him in the next month or so, so he'll get lots of use
out of them!  ;)

As mysteriously as he appeared into my life, he drove right out of it on an
all night 16-hour trek to get his dorm key before everyone took off for the
long weekend.  Go figgure - you 'mericans just milk that July 4th holiday
for every bit it's worth!  Ah well, it just happened that July 1st for us
landed on a Monday, so getting up the morning after being out so late
watching the fireworks is a pain in the u-know-where.

Like a little ferret, he worms his way into your heart, wraps you up and
makes you feel all warm and fuzzy, and when he leaves your life, there's a
bit of a hole, though you know you gained one heck of a lot from knowing
him.  <sigh> Miss you Bob . . .  Nah.  Canada's now FREE!  Bob-free.  Call
in the posse boys, you won't catch him tonight.

-=-
The Dynamic Duo, Frisky Feline Foes and my baby Buddy too!