Date:
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 23:18:03 EDT
It was a Fearful morning-dropping off little Maria-not knowing if I would
ever see her alive again.  Would the surgeon know that Maria had stopped
breathing when x-rays were taken?  Were the bubbles on the x-rays cancer
spread all through out her little body?

There were soooooo many people praying for the little older ferret left
with no water to burn alive in the pet store window, that even God had
FAITH that Maria would make it.

During the exam, the vet found a fat FLEA on Maria.  I quickly bathed
everyone with flea shampoo and washed all bedding, and sprayed the
carpeting.  Mini-Me was loaded with 6 fleas.  Marias bedding had 2
hopping fleas.

The day ended with Lovely FLEEING home after her abhorred flea bath.  I
don't know how I did not see her.  She ran to my neighbors--thank God.

Thank you all for saving Maria with your prayers, and for your financial
help.  And thank you to Dr. Ness of Midwest Bird and Exotic Animal
Hospital.  I have not seen Maria since surgery, but Dr. Ness is one of
the few vets I have personally encountered who does a thorough exam as it
should be done, is an expert flea slayer, sutures like a work of art, and
has had years of experience with ferret surgeries.  He is also a nice
person who likes ferrets.

Maria had her left adrenal removed.  Dr. Ness DID read the chart, and
realized Maria stopped breathing under anesthesia last time.  We decided to
just close her up and do no surgery if she had a problem like that again.
But she made it.

I still cannot believe it.  She made it???  I cannot believe totally yet.
But I will go to sleep smiling.

Lisette