Date:
Tue, 25 Dec 2001 23:14:28 EST
As I went to retrieve the paper this morning, my feet felt several
"presents" left by the door.  I walked into one when backing away off of
another.  I took a shower, and cooked up a fresh batch of chicken soup for
the guys..  I burnt my arm taking out scalding hot ferret soup from the
microwave.  Luckily, with ice packs off and on, the burn subsided to a red
streak on my right hand and forearm.

As I moved from room to room cleaning--I picked up the new red blanket
from over a cage that had been there several days for the guys to play in.
Something wet greeted my feet, and brown stuff slid off the blanket onto
my clothes.  After cleaning up the floor, and sticking the red blanket in
a plastic bag--I took a shower and changed again.

As I was leaving with a large box holding presents, Cheyene baked up by
the door.  I grabbed and ran with him to his cage, and proceeded out to my
car with the box.  I walked over to talk with my new neighbor for a few
minutes, then pushed the box in the back seat of my car.......

There was a poopie on top of the box!?!?

I looked down and realized I had poop sliding down the right side of my
coat..  I looked down further.  I had poopies on my right thigh-3 large
patches of wet brown on my cream colored pants.  I dared to look down
further.  I had poopies on the toes of my right shoe.  I spent a good 5
minutes talking to my new neighbor.  Does she now think that I go about
with poopies all over me????????

I went inside, took off my clothes and coat, and cleaned them off as best
as possible, changed--and started for the door.

Then I noticed the trail.  Cheyene had pooped all the way to his cage.
There were poopies splattered on a food bowl, a throw rug, and in the
hall.

And how did this make me feel?  I felt blessed.  I felt not one second of
anger.  I was SOOOO meant to care for ferrets.  Kids and noise and whining
and screaming?  I would be sooo angry or upset or uptight.

I was blessed to find the ferret.  I was blessed and honored to save some
lives-to make a difference, What a gift God has given me.  Christened many
times today--- THIS has been a Christmas that I will remember as the day I
was overcome with ferret "Presents."

God Bless Them-
Every one.

Lisette