From:
The Mommy Mall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 13:21:52 -0500
>I'm interested in entering the raffle for Jean at Ferrets Unlimited, but
>have a question.  The last time Jean posted to the FML she was closing
>her shelter.  So did Jean change her mind and is still running the
>shelter?

I volunteer for Ferrets Unlimited and I can tell you that the shelter is
indeed open!  2002 was a very tough year for the shelter and Jean was
afraid that things were hopeless.  Despite all the troubles she has had,
she has rehabilitated and found wonderful homes for many kids and
continues to do so.

Right now the shelter is very full and Jean is working her tail off
trying to take care of everything.  I don't know how she does it all.  I
recently took in two sick kids for her and just those two keep me running
24/7.  Fortunately, some really terrific people have helped keep the
doors open, but the vet bills never stop.  What Ferrets Unlimited needs
more than anything are good homes for the kids and volunteers.

Julianne Gentile
Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shelter
http://www.ferretsunlimited.org