From:
Valerie Nielson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Jul 1995 14:39:16 -0400
Sable, my eldest ferret, slipped out the front door without being detected
when my husband returned from work.  Thirty minutes later our neighbor
returned our escapee.  She said she thought it was a rat on her porch, and
was terrified.  Then she heard the bell on Sable's collar and relized it was
our pet.  She has been a wonderful neighbor.  When our dog was lost she help
find it.  (After our dog was done roaming for over 6 hrs, our neighbor saw
from her porch the dog waiting by the car.  She opened the unlocked door and
our dog jumped in.  She then went to find us (we were out searching on foot)
and say that our dog was in the car waiting.  I'm glad I left my car door
unlocked.)