From:
Cynthia Ann Kramer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Apr 1998 20:01:53 -0500
Today I made my fourth trip to the vet in the last three weeks.  Banana had
her stiches removed and all seems well.  Einney didn't fair so well.  As i
posted on Sunday she has lost a substaintial amt of weight.  After blood
tests and kidney functioning tests it was determined that her glucose level
was only 27!  As a result the vet is leaning toward the potential of
pancreatic tumors.  She said it was possible to do an ultrasound but with
such a low glucose level she had few doubts.  Einney has been started on
Prednisone and the vet recommended giving her up to one tbsp of nutrical per
day.  I have been doing some reading on the FAQ and other web sites...they
suggest not giving rasisns cause of the fiber and sugar combo..I did not
quite understand.  Anyone with suggestions please let me know.  SHould I be
supplementing her diet with duck soup or is there anything in it that will
conteract the prednisone?  I am suppose to call the vet back in a week and
let her know how Einney is doing.  Is low glucose the same as insulinoma?
The vet also indicated I should rub Karo syrup on her gums if she goes into
seizure.  Luckly this has not happened yet.

Cynthia and the Furry Heard