From:
Roger Poore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 2000 03:57:18 -0500
It is with a heavy heart that I tell you that Sadie Poore has passed away.

A couple of weeks ago, I noticed what I thought was some type of abscessed
tooth.  She had one before, the doctor cleaned it all out and removed the
tooth, and she was fine after that.  However, this was not an abscess.
This was a tumor that went up the side of her face.  The doctor removed
what he could--as she couldn't eat very well.  Even though he told us then
that her prognosis wasn't good, she still did very well.  She seemed like
she was doing well this weekend too.  Things very quickly changed, though.
Monday morning, I gave her her medicine.  When I came home Monday (last
night) around 7pm I saw that she was extremely weak.  I knew.  I held her
and also let her try to walk but she hadn't the energy.  Her breathing was
very labored.  I held her, kissed her, and pet her for a couple more hours
but she did not want to be held.  So, I said my goodbyes.  Her baby brother
(Lee Jay) kissed her goodbye--she was his favorite fert because she would
let him carry her all around the house.

I put her back in her cage on the top level and blocked it so she couldn't
try to get down--as she would have fallen.  Other ferrets could get up
there and they really did seem to know that something was wrong.  I mean, I
know it's obvious that the poor thing couldn't move, but I sensed they knew
she was dieing.  Sassy snuggled with her and just kept licking her.

I had fallen asleep and woke up just a little bit ago (it's 3 am) and saw
that she has passed on.

A year and a half ago, I had 12 ferrets.  I now have 6.  I am getting damn
tired of going through this.  Death really, really sucks for the living.

Sadie joins Minx, Rascal, Kylan, Missy, Pippen, Sammy, and all the other
animals at the Bridge.

We love you Sadie and we miss you SOOO much---
Dad, mom, Lee Jay, Shelly, Sassy, Rocky, Junior, Bear, Spunky and your cat,
Sissy.