From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Dec 1997 17:56:33 EST
Ok I am expecting to get some flames from this but I am surprized no one
else is questioning some of these things.

First what happened is horrid and tragic and I am not deining that and I
want to see this kid get the same treatment he offered the ferrets this goes
as well for anyone who drove him to this action.

but there are things that don't quite add up

we are seeing posts everywhere about $3000 owed in vet bills - then posts
clarifying and stating that $2000 was for prior vet bills.  - ok ?  is - if
you already owe $2000 in past vet bills WHY are you still breeding?  She was
not a shelter I would feel different about these things if she was a shelter
or a rescue but that was not the case.

Same goes for the rent owed - if you can't pay your rent you should not be
creating more mouths to feed.

Also I don't understand how or why someone can be breeding with 143 ferrets
in a apartment comunity - I do understand that the ferrets were in a
seperate biulding - but this situation is just asking for trouble with a
landlord.  Oviously no USDA lisences are in place and this may be part of
the problem with the humane societys not stepping in - they may concider her
a "backyard breeder" and may posibly be looking in to that in it's self.

WHy isn't this woman seeking some kind of help from the father of this kid,
since it has been stated repeatedly that they have been friends for years.
I would think that he (if he was a true friend) would feel responsible since
he asked that the son stay with her and at least help with medical bills of
these poor fuzzies.

Also there are many details missing, what lead up to this situation, why did
she still have the kid in her house after this happened - post from her
freind states that he was in her house when the police came and he
threatened her in front of the police - there are a few problems with that
situation if it is indeed true.  There are to many missing and miss informed
facts.  I spoke with the police in Spokane and they said that tox reports
are not back yet - so they will not confirm the bleach/draino statements.

ok my point of all this being what happened is awful - I will send in a
donation to the vet but will state that it is only to go to bills incured in
the treatment of these ferrets not past bills from other animals or breeding
complications.  I do not want my money going to support backyard breeders.

I think the person who posted about adopting out, fostering out, selling or
even renting (as the poster stated) had the right idea.  the best thing we
could do for these ferrets is to Remove them from this situation!

Please help these ferret but don't support backyard breeders!

I am not heartless and uncaring, please do not confuse what I am saying,
this was horrible and should never have happened.

[CA]