From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Dec 2000 11:14:04 -0600
They don't hate it, they want you to think they do though, at least some.
But the ones that seem to dislike it the most are the ones that come to me
most often.  Hmmmm....

Terminal Care -
There is always hope no matter how bad things may look.  I say this from
experience of a few miracles in my time.  Yes, we've lost others, but some
that were truly not expected to live made it through the illness and went
on.  Positive thoughts, energy, medical treatment, cheerfulness, love,
care, specific herbs, healing candles and healing stones (depending on each
particular medical condition) is what I do.  We are fortunate to have a
vet that is willing to explore other healing techniques (and not think I'm
nuts [why yes I am and thank you for asking]) :-) and we combine them when
needed.  The bottom line is that we are trying to save a terminal ferret
and I'll do whatever I possibly can, within reason and without causing
harm, to do so.  The healing stones are harmless but herbs are not so I
caution anyone wanting to 'explore' that field, be cautious, read several
books on the particular herbs, talk to your vet (if he/she is herb
knowledgable) or a naturopath and others that have worked with herbs -
please don't just jump in as it can be detrimental.  There are several
natural healing books for dogs and cats and some of these techniques can
be applied to ferrets so it may be a good investment to purchase these
books.  Half.com sells used books for less than half price and the ones
I've purchased are in great condition.  But remember, even with the books
it is important to do all the research.

I'll be off-line till January 2.  Wishing everyone a wonderful christmas
and a happy new year.  Warm hugs to all.  tle

Troy Lynn Eckart
Ferret Family Services
Please sign up to support our charity

[P.S.]
Oops, off line at noon on Friday Dec 22 till Jan 2.  The ferrets will be
so surprised when I walk through the door early today!!!!