From:
Stacey Yea <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 09:50:11 -0400
Hello Everyone,

I just thought I would introduce myself, I have just found this FML and am
completely delighted that now I will be able to talk, learn and laugh about
my beloved babies.  I should let you know a little about myself and the
family considering I will be frequently reading and writing, I am currently
writing from Ottawa, Canada, I currently own two male ferrets Buddy
(Buddinks)-sable which will be 1 year this weekend and Louis- white and
silver( odd color) who is 8mths old.  I have had ferrets for over 11 years,
Honey which passed away 4 years ago lived to ripe old age of 11, she died
of a tumor that erupted in her stomach, it was instant.  Having ferrets has
brought me so much joy, they have helped me through so many things with
there dances of joy, and tons of ferret kisses........My sister, Sherry
died last year from long battle of breast cancer, loosing her was the
hardest thing for me considering she was my like my mother, she was my
closest friend...and most importantly she was my big sister.  It was very
lonely for me, Sherry was the only one here in Canada with me, we are form
Florida originally.  Now I am only 22 years old, and I was lost and had no
one around up here in Canada....until one day I was in the pet store ( now
that I know, I will not purchase any more family members there) and I saw
my little baby Buddy, I couldn't resist....I got him.  From then on, he
made the whole difference in my sad world, now for being a baby kit, he
spent all his time playing, sleeping/eating near me, we spent my first
X-mas alone, together, I know this sounds crazy but he was like my little
Angel sent form above, he made me laugh and smile again, he made me feel
like I was needed and wasn't alone anymore.  I can honestly say he made
everything better, no more meds, I starting sleeping and eating
normal,words just can't seem to describe it right, they talk about dogs and
cats being life savers but ferrets can and do too!, months went on and I
wanted to get him a friend so I wouldn't feel so bad when I couldn't play
or had to work late, so Buddy and I went to the pet store to meet Louis.
At first Buddy did not want to have anything to do with the white mouse
looking thing, I swear Louis looked exactly like Stuart Little, he was so
cute, We got him and brought him home, now they are the best of friends,
Louis copies everything that Buddy does, he likes to do the Bear Rug or the
Flat Ferret, all the time and Louis does it all the time too now!  Louis is
the crazy one, the one who causes trouble , steals the toothbrush, and does
the craziest ferret dance you have ever seen and then falls off the bed,
and when they fight he squeals at the top of his lungs,now I know he is
full of it because one time,I sat and watched and even before Buddy could
even pounce on him, Louis was already squealing Well I will save some
stories for later, I can be quite the rambler sometimes.  Anyway, there you
have it, that is my story that I wanted to share, it is incredible how much
joy they can bring to ones life.  I am now starting to think, more like
knowing that I want more, but I will definitely adopt or make certain of
who I am getting the little munchkins from.  That reminds me, I would like
to get them a better traveling cage and a bigger home cage, where should I
look, I can't spend a ton of money but I don't mind paying the shipping
costs, I am always in Buffalo, NY, any suggestions???

Well I better go, I Iook forward to speaking and learning from all of you.
Have a great day!

Kindest Regards, Stacey and Buddy& Louis xo