From:
Vicki Bates <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Jul 2002 04:01:57 EDT
Hello,

My name is Vicki

My number 3 baby of my nine got out 7 days ago.  My chocolate Lab searched
for him for 2 1/2 hours.  (She has found every ferret who decided to go
fro a walkabout)  She knew which way he went but could not get through
the blackberry bushes.  My daughter and I went to neighbors and left info
cards if they found him.  A neighbor called 9 hours later.  She had found
Bud.  He was very weak and seemed hurt.  I began nursing him with duck
soup.  He seemed to gain strength every day.  4 days ago I noticed a hard
area on his stomach.  He was injured in a way that his urine could do
nothing except leak from his sheath.  My vet who is very good with ferrets
said that if he could not urinate normal we may not be able to save him.

We lost the fight on Friday.  He was so much in pain by then, It broke my
heart because I could see him fighting to hang on.  I helped Bud to the
Bridge on 7/12/02.  He is the first baby I have buried here.  I buried
him in his favorite snug sack I made for him.  Geez, I didn't know it
hurt soo much to lose him.  I have lost many beloved pets in my life.
But this guy was the sweetest most loving, fuzzy I have ever had.  I had
to call my 15 yrs old daughter who is visiting her aunt in Ca to tell her,
her fuzzy lost his fight.  May all who have lost fuzzys, have them return
well and safe.  So Sandy please welcome Bud.  Tell him his mommy loves him
very much, and his mates miss him as well.  Tell him Jessi (my Lab really
misses him.  She has been his protector since he was 7 weeks old)

My thoughts and prayers to all the fuzzbutts out there.

Vicki