From:
Kris Lantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 14:31:16 -0500
Hi Gang!
I have a problem.  I've moved across the country from BC to Ontario, and
now live in Ottawa.  My fiance doesn't want to bring my ferret, Fizz-gig,
with him when he moves out and joins me.

I don't want to give him up, and need to do some major things to improve
our current situation, trying to convince him.

His two major issues are: Poop & Smell.  I know, original ferret
complaints.

I will be honest.  Fizz-Gig is TERRIBLE at using his litter boxes.  He has
his very own room with, I kid you not, FIVE boxes in it, and he still poops
everywhere.  He knows that it's bad too, because when he is running freely
about the house and starts backing into a corner, we get up, and he RUNS to
a litter box.

So, I need some suggestions.

The new place will not have a room for him, but I was thinking of
partitioning an area of the dining room and restricting him to that area
except from play-time, thus, no bombs of poop in our new place.

**What types of barriers are successful for any of you?

And smell.  Yes, I know all of the basics, infrequent bathing, and frequent
laundering of bedding and litter changes... but are there any household
DEVICES that work well at odor reduction?

**Some type of electronic air purifiers that anyone would recommend?

The smell reduction is important because we will also have a kitty-litter
box in the apartment.  I've found a few filters on Ebay, are there any
that are particularly good at odor-reduction?

Thanks everyone.

Kris