From:
Kim Schilling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 May 2002 14:36:04 -0500
Well, I was overwhelmed with e-mails from all over regarding changes for
the reprinting of Ferrets for Dummies.  I submitted ALL of the ones I
got.  Some of the information was rather conflicting, so I hope my changes
are accurate.  I am apologizing upfront for incorrect submissions or if
something didn't get sent in to the publisher.  This past Wed I was told
I had until Monday to send everything in.  Not a lot of time, especially
since I was gone all weekend - Hey, I have to play sometimes too!  Then
today (Monday) I was told that I only had til 9:00 am to get things in,
so they basically took away the Monday they promised.

If you sent something to my PALOSZOO addy last night or today, it was not
submitted in time.  I'm sorry.  Additionally, I was warned today by my
editor that we only have a few pages to play with, so changes to existing
information was priority.  She seemed rather tentative about adding new
information since it would require major changes to more pages than was
allowed.  So, if additions don't get in, again I apologize.  All I can do
is all I can do.........the rest is out of my hands.  I DID insist they
find room for my small blurb and website addys on ADV.  They will hear
from me if they drop that ball.

You really have NO idea how many bad e-mails are out there for shelters.
I'd say 75% of my e-mails to shelter contacts bounced back.  And the
bigger people (FML, STAR and Ferret Central) who try to keep track of all
this for ferret owners don't seem to get a lot of help either.  SHELTERS:
Please be helpful, and remember to update at least those 3 shelter
trackers when a change is made to your contact info, physical address,
e-mail addy or website addy.  And tell them if you move or close down.  I,
for one, learned the hard way about asking for changes.  I will be using
the FML or START shelter list for the next reprint and second edition,
because doing it the other way (asking individually) is just too time
consuming.  Hats off to the people who try to keep these shelter lists
current.  It's a chore!

Finally, I did not include any phone numbers despite a few requests.
Really, if phone numbers change as often as e-mail addys, there would be
some pretty upset people out there getting ferret calls!  I couldn't say
yes to a few and no to others, so no phone numbers were included.  Sorry.

Kim S