From:
Bill Gruber <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 19 Mar 1992 13:04:48 -0500
On Tue, 17 Mar 1992 Katie Fritz said (re mail server for archives):

>YAY!  And it works very nicely, too.  Thank you, Bill & Chris, for doing
>this!!  (Just be advised that you can't get more than 20 in a day --
>I'm so embarrassed, I feel like such a greed-head.)

You're welcome!  As for the 20 file daily limit... I think that will
stay for general use, but if you have special needs/applications (i.e.
you gotta have it all right away for whatever reason) please send me
a note and we'll work it out.

On Wed, 18 Mar 1992, someone said:
>The NJ permit system doesn't seem to be widely known about, or
>followed.

I was at a ferret show in Jersey last year, and their materials stated
that all ferrets which are entered from NJ must have a NJ license, and
that any NJ resident purchasing a ferret must have a license.

I've also heard that NJ pet stores are supposed to give out license
applications, but I can't confirm that.  (Tho I know of one store in
NEW YORK that will not sell a ferret until you produce a license).

>So how does one go about stopping the distribution of this
>"information" without getting nailed oneself?

Not sure I get that - why don't you just get the license?

Bill