From:
Elayne Barclay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Oct 2005 09:59:53 -0700
I have a personal experience to add to the discussion of Carolina
Ferrets selling to pet stores.  I took in two ferrets from a pet store
in southern Oregon that purchased them from Carolina Ferrets because the
manager wanted to do the right thing and not get ferrets to sell in the
store from any of the "ferret farms".  The ferrets were 8 months old and
behaved as if they had never been handled, they were terrible biters.
The pet store owner could not handle them and didn't want to send them
back, so turned them over to Cascade Ferret Network.  They are a
beautiful healthy pair of ferrets, but are still biters even after
having been in our best biter rehab foster home for years.  Carolina
Ferrets may not sell in large numbers to pet stores, but these ferrets
were definitely sold to a pet store to be resold.

Elayne Barclay
Cascade Ferret Network