From:
K HUTCHINSON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 17:48:15 -0500
6 could say I waited to post because I thought BIG would be flooded with
still working hard to catch up...

I found the FML on FerretCentral and joined just over a month ago.  I have
already posted once or twice and answered a few posts personally.

We are from the town of Waynesboro, Virginia home of the Virginia Wildlife
Center which you may have seen on the Animal Planet's 'Wildlife
Emergencies' (or something like that).  Anyway, we have a one year old
sprite named Chloe who we just love to death.  She is on the small end in
size, at only 1-1/2 lbs, and is either a light black or dark silver sable,
with the cutest little black bean nose.  Chloe is the first pet my husband
has allowed to roam freely in the house.  He and our daughter are allergic
to cats so our two stay outside (with a heating pad in winter).  We also
have one dog (we lost his buddy to cancer 2 yrs ago), 4 cochin bantam
chickens, 2 horses, 1 rabbit, 2 goldfish, several snails and a pygmy
butthead goat.  We lost our hamster in May to old age.  We will be adding
our own cattle to this list soon, my husband already helps with his dad's
herd.  In the future Daughter and I want to get another ferret, dog, horse,
pig and some waterfowl.

Not too many of us Virginians on here so far, speak up if you are.  Hi to
those who already have and don't forget your fuzzies' heartworm preventative.

By the way, are we the only ones with a snooty ferret who doesn't care for
cheweasels, meat or dooking??  When we first got her she would vocalize
just slightly when she danced but now she is happily silent almost all the
time.  I think she thinks she is just above all of that.  I can't wait
until we get another so they can carry on together.  It may be a rude
awakening for our spoiled babe!  With the cheweasels I've tried 'em a few
times and she is just not interested.  I may try putting a little something
sweet on one to get her attention, then I'll quit. As for the meat, she is
offended by the smell of it and turns her head immediately when it is
offered. She eats well though and likes her Ferrevite.

Greetings,
Keron